The St. Landry Chamber of Commerce is looking for Board Members who believe in the Chamber’s mission and are willing to be active in their governance roles. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out.
Applications are used by the Nominating Committee to evaluate potential board candidates. Qualifying candidates will be placed on a ballot for election by a majority vote of current chamber members.
Member of the Board Job Description
- Serves a minimum of (1) three-year term on the Board.
- Accountable to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Attends board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The Board of Directors regularly meet from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm on the 4th Monday of each month, unless meeting dates are changed due to holidays or special events.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Chamber committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contribute to consensus.
- Participates in the committee's annual planning efforts.
- Participates in membership recruitment and fund raising for the organization.
Qualifying candidates will be placed on the election ballot to serve as a St. Landry Chamber of Commerce Board Member. Candidates must be current with their Chamber membership dues and be able to commit to the extent of involvement and availability required for the position.
Click the link below to download a PDF version of the Candidate Information Form to be filled out and emailed, faxed, or brought in to the Chamber Office, or fill out the online application to secure your nomination.
Your form must be completed and turned in by noon on October 27, 2017!
St. Landry Chamber of Commerce
109 W. Vine Street,
Opelousas, LA 70570
(phone) 337-942-2683 (fax) 337-942-2684