2017 Soirée Chef Registration
Chefs' Instruction Sheet
Event Date: Monday, September 11th 2017
- Chefs are allowed one assistant chef or server per dish.
- Tickets for all others in your party are available for purchase by contacting the Chamber at (337) 942-2683 or email email@example.com.
- Advance reservations only, tickets will not be sold at the door.
- You will need a presentation plate which will be judged solely on appearance.
- Tasting containers for the judges will be provided.
- All entries must be fully cooked prior to bringing it to the event.
- Cooking during the event is prohibited as there are NO COOKING FACILITIES accessible to the chefs.
- If applicable, serve your entry from a sterno heated chafing dish. Electricity is not available.
- We will provide you with a skirted, 4 foot table space for each dish entered.
- Your space will be clearly marked with a display sign that includes your name, business and the name of your dish.
- Please bring YOUR OWN SERVING UTENSILS.
- The Chamber provides all paper goods and utensils used by our tasters.
- Tasters will use 6" plates and 6 ounce bowls
- Please prepare a minimum of 500 taste size portions per dish.
- On average 600+ tickets are sold.
- If you would like to participate in the Booth Decorating contest:
- Booth decorations must be contained to your allotted space and not run over into neighboring spaces.
- No decorations are allowed on the floor in front of the booth for safety reasons. Decorations cannot block the front or front sides of the booth.
- Evangeline Downs Event Center will open at 9:00 a.m. for setup.
- Chefs must be completely set up no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Judging begins promptly at 4:00 pm.
Registration Due by Monday, August 28th
Event Date: Monday, September 11th, 2017
- Event Center will open at 9:00 a.m. for setup.
- Chefs should check in by 3:45 p.m.
- Chefs should be completely setup by 4:00 p.m.
- Judging begins promptly at 4:00 p.m.
- Bring your entry to the judging area when your category is called.
- Wine tasting begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Culinary tasting begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Awards are given towards the end of the event, approx. 7:30 p.m.
- Best of Show - $500 Award
- First Place in Each Category - $250 Award
- First Place People’s Choice - $250 Award
- First and second place awards are given for People's Choice and for each category:
- Please do not take down booth until after all awards are given and event is concluded.
Here you can download a physical copy of the 2017 Chef Registration Form. To complete your registration turn in this form via fax to (337) 942-2684, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by bringing in a physical copy to the Chamber office at 109 West Vine Street, Opelousas, LA 70570.
Please complete the registration form and return to the Chamber by Monday, August 28th, 2017.
Priority placement is given to early registrants.
A separate registration form is required for each dish!
You can also register by filling out the form below.
If you have any questions please contact the Chamber at (337) 942-2683 or email us at email@example.com