A-Plus Glass Company
A-Plus Glass was founded as Dixie Glass Company in 1946 by Randolph McCormick Sr. The McCormick family had been in the glass business for many years, so glass was nothing new to Randolph. After moving to Opelousas, he opened his first glass shop. They were humble beginnings.
As the business grew he opened the first of many glass plants to provide glass to his shops. The business continued to grow. Randolph opened more shops and plants until eventually he had to start a realty business to manage the properties. At its peak, the company stretched across five states and was the top purchaser in the nation of Ford Motor Company windshields. To this day, the McCormick family has provided glass service that is still unparalleled in the industry.