• Brown's Furniture & Appliance, Inc.

    Categories

    Retail

    About Us

    OUR STORY

    Mr. Herbert Brown opened Brown’s Furniture in 1939. The Opelousas location was first, and stores in Ville Platte, Baton Rouge and Lafayette soon followed. During the 1940’s, Wayne Gilmore and R.P. Walker became partners with Mr. Brown and their partnership lasted many years.

    Then in July of 1962, 18 year old Jasper Fontenot was hired, and his first day on the job included working in the warehouse. It wasn’t long before he join the sales team, and in 1978 after being the top salesman and eventually the store manager in Ville Platte, Mr. Fontenot became a partial owner of the business. Mr. Fontenot and his family are now the exclusive owners of Brown’s. With 4 stores in business throughout Louisiana, including Opelousas, Alexandria, Ville Platte and Eunice, it is not at all unusual to find Mr. Fontenot on the sales floor working with customers. Jody Fontenot, his son, is seen most frequently in the Opelousas location but spends time in all of the stores to keep his fingers on the pulse of the business.

    We would love to see you at one of our 4 locations.

    Video Media

    Images

    Gallery Image 139776665_3731736596869297_6576354866965191388_o.jpg
    Gallery Image 140039143_3736474796395477_103815544579429026_o.jpg
    Gallery Image 122797013_3516621178380841_3437663646734552047_o.jpg
  • Logo--Foundation-
  • SLEMCO_logo-w600.jpg